Maybe it’s not ringing exactly. Some people describe it as hissing, buzzing, whistling, roaring and even chirping. Whatever noise it is, the real issue is something called tinnitus.
Tinnitus (“TIN-a-tus” or “Tin-EYE-tus”) is the medical term for the sensation of hearing sound in your ears or head when no external sound is present.
The important thing to know is that tinnitus is not a condition or a disease. Instead, it’s a symptom – typically of something bigger, like an ear infection, high blood pressure or, most common, hearing loss. For many, this ‘ringing in the ears’ can be overwhelming and difficult to deal with on a daily basis. It’s also important to know that everyone’s tinnitus is different, which is why finding relief has been so elusive – until now!
- 1 in 5 adults suffer from tinnitus
- Tinnitus can occur at any age, and may begin suddenly or progress gradually.
Common Causes of Tinnitus
- Head Injury
- Side effects of medication
- Noise exposure (gun shots, heavy machinery, etc.)
Introducing Multiflex Tinnitus Technology Products
Finally, a device designed to offer lasting relief for those with ringing in their ears. Starkey Tinnitus Technology Products are small and comfortable to wear. They work by creating a sound stimulus to soothe the irritating ringing sounds tinnitus sufferers hear. As a part of this, the tinnitus devices are designed to provide the following benefits:
- Covers up or masks tinnitus sounds
- Personalized programming to meet each individual’s needs
- Reduces the loudness of the tinnitus for improved concentration
If you’ve tried other tinnitus relief options without success, or are finally ready to stop letting the ringing in your ears take over your life call us today to learn how we can help.